Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet advantage 3785
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

Have moved from Czech Republic to Italy and my 3785 printer wont run the 304 ink cartridges that we bought (as they were exactly the same) but naively thought it was simply a different number.

Have managed to get into the screen where you need to input the change region code but the HP man says it doesnt exist! (He didnt want me to send him the screen shot either) and I know if the printer or ink is under warranty HP will change the code up to 3 times. I only want once! I can send the screen shot if anyone can kindly help me as I havent got the money to a) buy a new printer or b) throw away 45 euros of ink!

Any help gratefully received! 🙂

Sven

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Deskjet Ink Advantage cartridges are only available in emerging countries where Deskjet Ink Advantage printers are sold. HP Deskjet advantage 3785  for EMEA market uses HP 652 ink not 304. The 3785 wasn't on the Italian market, so you will not be able to buy HP 652 inks for 3785 locally.

Screenshot from 2019-10-30 21:12:32.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

indeed, a Deskjet Ink Advantage 3700 printer uses HP 652 cartridges, 304 are not intended and cannot be used with it

See the "HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3700 All-in-One" below:

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c01766411

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.