Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3630
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I picked up a new Deskjet 3630 today and it appeared to complete the wireless installation, printing out a page that says I have a web connection, and wirelessly accepting instructions to print alignment pages etc.
The printer connects to the computer for scanning but that's all. It won't print a test page saying "the parameter is incorrect" (very helpful) and if I send a document to the printer, it doesn't even get to the print queue, it just disappears.
Also the printer goes to "sleep" which I believe is a power saving feature, but does it automatically wake up if it receives a document to print.
The web print feature doesn't work either.
I've been around the world a dozen times looking at various similar problems and solutions, none of which have worked for me, and I can find nowhere to actually talk to someone from HP. Is this possible, if so how?

It's quite frustrating really.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I think it's all good now. I did a complete removal/uninstall and started again from scratch, and this time everything appears to be working, including the web print feature.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.