cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Tech_inept-73
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

New Printer ink will not read as full or undamaged

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 6600 All in one

Hi,

Yesterday, I replaced the M and Y ink cartridges in my wireless Officejet 6600 and I kept getting the error message, "One or more cartridges appear to be damaged. Remove them and replace with new cartridges." The cartridges were not expired but I thought maybe I bought cartridges that could have been damaged. So today I bought more ink and I'm getting the same message. My warranty is expired and I'm not sure how to inquire about replacement parts, if that is indeed the problem.  The printer is over 2 1/2 years old.

Thanks for any help or advice you might have.

3 REPLIES 3
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,085
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi! @Tech_inept-73, Welcome to HP forums

I understand you are getting error-One or more cartridges appear to be damaged on your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Have you tried checking with different ink cartridges?

As you mentioned error-One or more cartridges appear to be damaged on your printer.

Please try the steps recommended below.

In some cases, a printer reset can clear the error message.

A printer reset can resolve some ink cartridge issues. Follow these steps to reset your printer.
Press the Power button () to turn on the product.
With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button () to turn it on.

Also, update the printer firmware and check if it helps.

Link to update the printer firmware.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot Resolving 'Problem with Ink System' Error.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Tech_inept-73
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I tried all of your proposed tactics, in addition to cleaning the cartridges per the HP troubleshooting site and uninstalling/reinstalling the printer, and none of that fixed the problem.

I have tried 2 new cartridges for each color as well, to no avail.

Any other recommendations?

0 Kudos
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,623
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @Tech_inept-73

I see that you were interacting with @A4Apollo. He is out of office and I'd like to help 🙂

It looks like an issue with the printer hardware. Please contact the HP phone support to get the printer service options.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how that goes!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation