Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
LaserJet MFP m180nw

I upgraded my MacBook Pro to Big Sur 11.0.1 yesterday.  My printer automatically updated its software today and now it no longer recognizes my toner cartridges and will not print. No, I don't have HP toner as it costs double what the rest of it costs. I've had this printer for 2 years with no issues until today. Any ideas on how to make it recognize my cartridges?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Kumar0307 can you send me the instructions to override this new update?

HP Recommended

@LizStallworth

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• Are you getting any error messages on the printer?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well, just like thousands of other people who prefer to use 3rd party toner cartridges because they are astronomically cheaper than HP toner, after the latest update, my toner cartridges are no longer recognized and I cannot use the printer. I plan to put it out with the trash once my Epson printer arrives next week.  In the meantime, I will have my neighbor print things that I need to work and keep my business going. She has a Canon and doesn't have the same problems that us loyal HP users have.  Oh, I've been loyal purchaser of HP printers for 20 years.  It's a shame that someone in your company thought it was good business practice to force people to purchase your insanely overpriced toner by automatically updating their software and drivers and subsequently deleting all the older drivers from your website.  It's been a good ride, but I can't wait to get my new Epson printer.

Thanks anyway.

A 20 year HP user who is officially DONE with this company.

HP Recommended

@LizStallworth

Help me with the printer model and I will assist you in this regard.

Thanks!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.