Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue with a HP PhotoSmart 7520. It was gifted to me without the Startup ink.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lsacco

I sent the instructions once again. Please check you Forum Inbox.

Thanks 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
HP Recommended

@lsacco

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you were gifted an HP PhotoSmart 7520 but you do not have the Startup Ink

I'll try my best to help.

Let's try enabling the Trade Supplies Feature form Support Menu.

Since those are crucial steps, I will send you a Private Message with the instructions

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it

Thank you 🙂

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your offer - I do not see any new messages as of this time.

HP Recommended

@lsacco

I sent the instructions once again. Please check you Forum Inbox.

Thanks 

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I can not thank you enough - IT WORKED!

HP Recommended

@lsacco,

It looks like you were interacting with @KrazyToad, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Jeet_Singh & I'm at your service. 

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.
Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.
I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark this public post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have. Here's the link.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂
Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Can I please have instructions as well? I don't have the setup cartridges since I bought my printer about 4 years ago, I have the serial number at hand, I cannot get past the setup ink cartridge error message and tech tried bypassing through my computer and doing anything they could but couldn't help at all, please help me ? I'd just like to be able to print, I already have new ink cartridges ready as well. I'd love your reply
HP Recommended

@Alexbee11

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

I understand that you are in need of support, need not worry I'll be glad to assist you.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details,

Could you please help me with the exact product number and the operating system.

Eagerly waiting for the reply.

Cheers;)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I sent a private message

HP Recommended

I am trying to setup my HP Office jet 6600 printer and it keeps telling me that I need the setup cartridges.  Well I can't use them because they have dried up because the printer set in the shed for a year.  What can I do to setup the printer without them?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.