Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp officejet pro 6830

Having an issue similar to what has been posted previously. Today my printer wouldn’t connect to my network, and is printing a no filtering fail on the summary. I tried factory reset, hard reboot, adding the printer MAC address to my router’s whitelist, changing the WiFi settings to avoid 802.11r, and even connected the printer to my phone’s hotspot to try and update the printer firmware (it says latest update is installed) and no luck. I have 13 other devices working fine on the same network, and the printer works fine on my hotspot. We share printing with lots of devices, and now with the whole family working and schooling from home this couldn’t have happened at a worse time. I’ll take any help I can get. 

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Same exact issue and attempts with n911g (8600 OJet Pro)

HP Recommended

Hi @Dustintweir,

I'd like to help!

Please contact your ISP and ask them to add the printer's mac address to the router's mac filtering menu.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

@Jay_G24 Thanks for the suggestion. I have the MAC address added to the whitelist as you suggest. Verizon makes logging in to the router and controlling this yourself pretty straightforward. I actually started using MAC filtering when I started having trouble with the printer this weekend, and it doesn't connect with either MAC filtering off or on with the printer address added. I also added the MAC address listed under 802.3 Wired, but that didn't help.

HP Recommended

@Dustintweir

Reset the printer's network settings

1. Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then select Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

2. Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, select Reports, and then select Print Network Configuration Page to print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

Set up the printer using the Wireless Setup Wizard

1. Set up the printer hardware. See the getting started guide or the setup poster that came with your printer.

2. On the printer control panel, touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network.

3. Touch Wireless, touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then touch OK.

4. Follow the display instructions to complete the setup.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20 
I tried that again from scratch now that I have the MAC address filtering on and the printer’s address verified on the whitelist. I also restored the entire printer settings (under printer maintenance) No change to the issue: network report is still showing no filtering fail. I also tried getting the printer online using my mobile hotspot, and ran an update check through the printer maintenance menu and that didn’t fix the issue. 

HP Recommended

@Dustintweir

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20 Warranty is expired of course. I'm unable to find where I can pay the ransom to get the right tech support to solve this issue, can you point me in the right direction?

HP Recommended

@Dustintweir

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.