Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Wow...so I go to the HP support page and enter in my printer's serial number and my printer comes up but it says "This product is no longer serviced by HP. You may search for possible solutions on this support website."???????  

You mean to tell me that you make this product but then decide not offer support when there is an issue?  My printer did an AUTOMATIC update  on its own and now I cannot connect to the router it has been connected to for 6 years.  

Please have a tech reach out to me.  This is ridiculous!!

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Tracey905 

Yes, it is true...

Your product is out of Warranty.

Product introduced in 2012

HP Support does not provide free support after the Warranty expires.

HP Support standard contract does not (and never has offered) support for software issues on any except brand new equipment.

==================================================================

The printer can likely be reconnected.

If you would like to work on this...

One Idea

Install and run this version of the HP Doctor.

Offline Doctor V5.0.6

HPPSdr_5.0.6.exe

• Download and Save the doctor to your computer
  • Open File Explorer > Navigate to the folder in which you saved the file (likely Downloads)
  • Execute the doctor – Answer any prompts /  let the process complete
  • Restart the computer, log in, and wait for the final steps in the Doctor to finish.
  • Check for any difference.

Original Notes – Contributed by ShlomiL

Paraphrased

Connection Issues

• Print and Scan Doctor Version 5.0.6 creates a secondary queue for printing with TCP/IP port.

After the Offline Doctor completes…

Verify / Adjust the “Default” printing device (Default Printer)

Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners

UNCHECK (clear box) Let Windows manage my default printer

Select (Left-Click) your printer from the list of printers > Manage > Set as Default

OR

Open Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers > Right-Click on printer > Set printer as Default

NOTES – Selecting Default Printer 

1. Do not select the printer marked as “Scan Only / DO NOT DELETE”
  2. Do not select the printer marked as “Fax”

Example Default Printer:  Set “Default” Printer = HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 series PCL-3 (Net)

ReferenceHP Printers - Printer is Offline (Windows) > Step 2: Manually set the default printer

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One Printer series - H711 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I will try this but my printer can no longer connect to my network since it updated so not sure how I can communicate with it now.  The test results show a solution of "IMAC address filtering is enables and you would like to keep it enabled you must add the MAC address of your printer to the list of permitted devices for your wireless router".  This is the router that the printer has been connected to for 6 years.  After talking with DLINK people (my router a DLINK) they tell me I cannot add a MAC address and that any device should be able to connect. . 

UPDATE - I was able to connect via USB however the options only fixed Print and Scan of which I don't have an issue for either (although I ran the fix tool).  My issue is with the wireless connection to my network.  The printer sees the network but when I press the button on back of router or use my password it will not connect

HP Recommended

@Tracey905 

Edits - Update content - end of message

The error message about Mac Address filtering is informative only to the extent that it is relevant to your situation.

If you are not using Mac Filtering on your router, then the message means nothing in context.

(Ignore the message, it is not the source of the issue.)

If you have not done so,

ConsiderRestart everything on the network, including the router.

What else?

You can try clearing the existing network connection and starting over (entering your network information for the printer).

You will need to know the following:

The name of your network (SSID network name)

The password to your network.

User Guide

Chapter Solve a problem

(This section) Starting on Page 123

To reset the printer's network settings

1.Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, and then touch Network. Touch Restore Network Defaults, and then touch Yes. A message appears stating that the network defaults have been restored.

2.Touch (right arrow), touch Setup, touch Reports, and then touch Print Network Configuration Page to print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset

Help for Printer Wireless Connections to your network

Printing Center > Common Questions > Connection Issues

For example:

Section: Improve Wireless communication by setting a manual (static) IP address

Wireless printing center  > Printer Setup > Wi-Fi Direct

What the printer can do:

Printer Specifications for the HP Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One and 6700 Premium e-All-in-One

=============================================================================

@ShlomiL 

I've just lost my most recent answer to this thread - doesn't matter why at this point - there was a lot of back and forth... The answer might have helped, but I suspect now that it might not have improved the situation...  Do you have words of wisdom?  For example, printer might benefit from a Semi-reset (not something I can offer).  Thanks.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I have Restored Network Default about 5 times now including unplugging modem and router and printer.  I do the wireless setup...it finds my router (the same router it has been connected to for 6 years!!) and I try pushing button on back of router and when that doesn't work I used my password....and then it says it cannot connect....and we're back to the MAC address thingy.  This all happened after my printer did an update on its own while connected to my network.  Nothing else has changed.  Perhaps there was a bug in the update?  I might add, everything else that is on my network does not have an issue with connecting.  Just the printer....after the update...that was automatic.  I even tried putting in the wrong password to my router to see if I would get a message saying password was incorrect but I got the same error message as when the correct password was used or when the button on back of router was pressed.  

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try updating the latest printer firmware, while connected with a USB cable t the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/oj6600_2011A/OJ6600_2011A.exe

Once completing the update, restart the printer and try connecting it wirelessly again, then check if you may see any difference.

If the same persists, please make sure your router is updated with the latest firmware as well and check if that may make any difference.

Also, as you mention you try to connect using WPS (by pressing the router on the back of the router), check if you may see any difference while following the Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless menu of the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

My printer has the latest firmware.  It is since that auto update that my printer no longer connects wirelessly.  My router has the latest firmware.

What is funny is I am not the only person experiencing the same issue.  If you check the threads, this has happened to a lot of people.

Not sure if this helps but the blue light continually flashes.  When I unplug the unit and start it back up, it stays off until I try to connect to my network via the wireless setup wizard and then it stays on (flashing).  My printer has worked fine on my network until it did an AUTO update a little while ago.  I am thinking there is a bug in the update...is there anyway I can put it back to the older firmware which never had an issue???

As well, the only way I have tried to connect wireless is using the Wireless Setup Wizard which prompts me to press button on back of router and when that fails it asks me for the password.  Is there another way to connect wirelessly?

HP Recommended

@Tracey905 

I don't have any experience with using WPS - I've not used this method to connect a printer to the network.

The User Guide instructs that you Restart the router, printer, and even the computer when the connection is failing. 

After the printer is started, tapping the wireless button on the printer should start the wireless radio (solid blue light).   

(Starting on Page 114)

So, conclusion:

You have done as suggested (and as seen in the manual).

Wireless does not start on the printer - Blue light continues to flash (no connection).

Both basic and advanced Wireless troubleshooting have failed as described in the user guide.

You tried the Offline Doctor - and it failed (details not available).

Wireless must be able to start  (solid blue light).

All other connection steps, even changing the connection type, depend on the printer being able to start and maintain a Wireless connection to the network (solid blue).

If I think of something else I can offer, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well, I found out the problem and it was on MY end.  Not only had the printer done an auto update but my 6 year old router also did and update.  Firmware on both units was up to date.  All of a sudden my iphone  stopped connecting to the network and when I tried to rejoin with the correct password, I kept getting a message saying incorrect password.  Anyway,  I decided to purchase a new router (yayyy for Cyber Mondays) and lo and behold, the printer is connected to the network as is my iphone.

I really do appreciate all the help.  You guys taught me a lot.  Thank you!!

HP Recommended

@Tracey905 

Excellent.

You are not the first to learn that the router needs to be "up to snuff" so-to-speak.

We've had to replace our own router more than once - they get "old", they can no longer update their firmware, they develop various other odd "issues".

On the Community side, we try to stay away from telling people to purchase a new, better router to fix their network.  It's often very good advice - but it can also backfire.  Smiling.

Thanks for posting back!

Do stay safe!

Yay for Cyber Monday!  😁

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.