cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

No paper jam but E3 flashes, colour ink light and wireless (I'm not)

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2632
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

E3 flashing but dont recall and dont have paper jam.  Nothing stuck have checked in and under.   Also the coloured print cartridge red light flashes and should wireless flash blue when I'm cable connected?     This is new machine barely used and have just changed both cartridges from the initial supplied.   Last HP machine the cartridges centre aligned by themselves when door opened but this machine doesn't do that - is that normal?    Have followed all advice on previous threads.  Registers request for test print but no go.    Suggestions please.   Do I need a hard reset?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,189 1,174
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JuJo46, Welcome to HP Support Community!

E3 error refers to carriage jam, I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue.

If you have already performed the steps from the document  'Carriage Jam' or 'E3' Error Displays and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I know this now, having read up on HP Community and Support.   Best answer, not sure where, was someone with the same problem who said HP don't know how to sort this issue.       After several hours I did 2 things not mentioned anywhere - did a scan which seemed to spur the thing into action and also sprayed inside with WD40.    Managed to then get some printing done for son's tax return and a money claim.    No idea if it will work next time.     'I appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue' ??    Of course I will try and resolve the  issue and I dont see why you should appreciate it.   This printer was bought in March 2020 and has barely been used.   It seems having a paper jam (the thing invariably takes paper in crooked despite careful loading) incites the thing into spitting the dummy out.   This printer isn't a patch on my previous, years old HP and I'm sorry I bought it.   Not the only one to find it a pain to set up and never could get wireless to work.   If, as you suggest, it is a hardware failure, then shame on HP.    Shame I just bought new inks for it too.    Friend has new printer, installed straight away, on her own, wireless too, reliable printing, quality great.    Have been recommended to buy one the same.   It's not HP. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15,201 15,179 1,189 1,174
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JuJo46

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation