Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I am using a Hp envy printer and it has started not allowing printing. The app shows an orange dot and says load paper.it will say printing failed even though it doesn’t send through. 
I have checked the printer, paper is loaded correctly and even feeds through when sending through test pages. 
I have turned the printer on and off. Closed the app and restarted/refreshed it but still the same error. 
I am using an iPhone. It connects and prints by not using the Hp app, but I can’t set the sizing so borders and edges don’t print properly using just the ‘print’ option, so this is no good. 
not sure what else to try. I haven’t uninstalled and reinstalled  the app but will try that next. 

I’ve  tried contacting customer service but not getting any help/answer. 
The printing I need to do is time sensitive so would appreciate a speedy reply from anyone who can help. 
I’ve tried searching on here but haven’t found any with the same problem. 
thanks 

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

What is the printer's model?
Is the printer connected to the network using wifi or ethernet?

Try to connect the printer to a different phone and see if the error appears there as well.

HP Recommended

Hi

It is HP Envy Photo 6200 series.

I have just printed fine from a different phone via the app ( android phone) with no error message.
I am able to print from my laptop using the windows print option but not the app as it keeps saying it needs to install the printer, even though it is installed, shows it is installed on the homepage and even says it has successfully installed but as soon as I press print it says it needs to install printer ( this is another issue completely that I also have) 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone but it still showing the error message. 

HP Recommended

Also it’s connected to the wifi. 

HP Recommended

Also just to add, there is no error message on the actual printer, only the app on my phone and because of this error I am unable to print 

HP Recommended

Print a Web Access Test Results page and check if there's an Attention message at the top of the page:

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon (cog wheel) 
  2. Touch Tools.
  3. Swipe down, and then touch Web Access Report to print the report.

check if you have system updates available for your phone.

In HP Smart, do a long press on the printer's name and click on "hide printer" and then add the printer to the app again.

HP Recommended

thanks for the tips, I have worked through them. 

My phone is up to date, as are all apps. 

I have printed the web access and it states no problems found and all connected. 

I have tried the hide printer and re-add it but is still showing orange warning and load paper?

HP Recommended

Update the printer's firemware:

1. On the printer control panel display, from the Home screen, touch the setup button (cog wheel).
2. Touch Tools.
3. Touch Update the Printer.
4. Touch Check Now

After that turn the printer off and then on. after that turn your phone off and then on .

HP Recommended

Just followed the above, printer is up to date. 
All been turned off and on, printer then phone. 
But error message still on app and can’t print. 
another message comes when clicking to print ‘limited services’ and it says that I may not be able to use all functions on app due to supposed error with printer.  

tried uninstalling and reinstalling again out of curiosity but still no luck  

HP Recommended

Try to remove the paper from the printer and insert it back.

You could also try to restore the printer's settings to the factory default from the printer's control panel and also reset the printer's network settings and reconnect it to the wifi network.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.