Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2720

Brand new 2720. 
Problems : 

• Registering Instant-ink : I was asked to press « cancel and informations ». It is not working !! Finally, just pressing information gave me the needed information ...
  • When printer is asleep, printing with AirPrint does not work (printer is detected, no error, but nothing is printed)
  • This morning, printer was asleep. Try to turn it on by pushing power button : does not turn on. Has to unplug power and plug again ...
  • Once in the morning, all the lights were on and flashing (LCD too)
  • sent a job to hpeprint : received mail saying that job has been received but nothing is printed ... (but managed to make it work at least once)
  • when using the internal web server of the printer, often errors like « internal server error with red cross (not the full page, like an Apache error message)
  • edit : printer is online, try to print with AirPrint, printer is detected, I got a warning (low ink) so connection is working. But nothing is printed ...
  • edit 2 : second job to eprint, still nothing printed 

as you can see, if my printer is not faulty, this is a very bad printer and shame to HP ...

Thanks for your help 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

46FAA6C7-C248-4DA1-AEA1-C75FF2EE1806.png

had time to take screenshot last time ...

Tomorrow I noticed starting the app on my iPhone “unblocked” something : a few seconds later, the printer began to print (but I don’t know if it is AirPrint or eprint that was printed)

HP Recommended

@Foxinou, Welcome to HP Support Community!

To be able to assist you better, I'd like to know the following-

• What is the Operating System installed on the computer?
  • Are you using the AirPrint or HP Smart App on your iOS device?
  • Have you completed the Instant Ink enrollment?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

67123121-D415-4C50-9DB9-A726C4B9BC9C.jpeg

Hi !

1) Windows 10

2) both

3 ) yes but out of ink, waiting for my cartridges (thank you instant ink). Registered the 9th. 

Thank you

edit : 3rd time my printer crashed : all lights are blinking and printer is unresponsive so I clearly think my printer is faulty. 

HP Recommended

@Foxinou

Have you tried the single-cartridge mode? Remove the black cartridge from the printer and try printing. Now, vice-versa.

Do try and let me know.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Not yet.

got new cartridges, replaced color. Printer is moving. Then white power has been blinking for 15 mn now ...

I tried to start Hpsmart on my phone.  Status ok. Ink ok. But alignment is required. Ok. I click on the message. Nothing ...

I try to force a alignment via the menu. Something starts to print. But after long minutes, nothing is printed and white led still blinks. 
Now on hpsmart I can see a red ⚠️, (alignment not over)

It suddenly moves again, load paper ... but waiting for minutes doing nothing ... and finally ejecting white page ...

will unplug and start over ... 

i think I can hear 

HP Recommended

@Foxinou

Thanks for replying!

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.