Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
My Offiejet 8610 prints a couple of lines and then just black and white boxes
@Scott4007 Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you are facing issues with print quality.
To better assist you -
1) Are you using a genuine HP ink?
2) Are you experiencing this issue while making a photocopy as well?
3) What's the application or software (Word, Adobe, etc.) that you are printing from? Have you tried printing from a different application or maybe from a different device to the printer?
4) How's the printer connected - wired or wireless?
While you respond to that, let's these steps to reset the printer -
1) Take out the cartridges.
2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.
3) Wait for 30 seconds.
4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.
5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware. Refer to this document for step by step instructions - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
If the issue still persists, I'd suggest, printing a Print Quality Diagnostics Report as this will help us isolate the issue. To print the Print Quality Diagnostics Report -
1) Load plain white paper in the input tray.
2) From the printer control panel, open the Setup menu.
3) Open the Reports or Tools menu.
4) Touch Print Quality Report.
Once the report is printed, please post a picture of the report here.
Or, you may also try these steps -https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum...
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community