Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HPB221D6 HP ENVY 4510 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an issue with my printer. It will not print color document from my computer. It prints color from my Android phone so I don't know what else to do. I have done all the steps given by the virtual assistant and it still isn't printing in color. I don't have the grayscale option selected. Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Laura423 

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

Try here:

Loss of Color Printing

• If the color printing is not yet offered, try printing using the newly added print queue. 
  • Verify results, then set the newly added printer as the default.

Details TKB article: Windows10 - No Color option available when printing to a network connected printer

and possibly

Method - Create TCP IP port

** Install – Optional - Port Issues - Create a TCP/IP port **

TCP/IP can resolve odd connection, scanning, and installation problems.

Create / Switch to a TCP/IP Port to facilitate communication and prevent ‘offline’ issues

How-to “Create TCP Port” Contributed by  greenturtle:

1. 1. Print a Configuration Page to get the printer's IPv4 address (you can also tap on the wireless icon on the Front panel of your Printer to get the IP address)
    2. On your PC, go to Control Panel, from Devices and Printers, Right-Click the printer and Left-Click Printer Properties, select the Ports tab.
    3. Click Add Port, select Standard TCP/IP Port, then select New Port and follow the wizard.
    4. Type in the proper IP address for the printer.

This video resource will show you how to do it:
    Create & Use TCP IP port

Note that you can ALWAYS revert back to the original port that the HP software installed by selecting the HP port within the Ports tab (in Printer Properties)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP ENVY 4510 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.