cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Not printing, not scanning, not copying

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One Printer series - A910
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

wireless for Windows, eternet for Mac. Both computers are going to use the printer

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,394 2,294
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @mollermarbella,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips! I came across your post and want to assist you. I understand you are having issues related to Printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What exactly seems to be an issue with the printer? Do you get any error message on the printer screen or on the computer screen

Does that Scanner bulb light up?

Does the scanner bar move when you open the lid & press the copy button?

Have you checked if the unit can make a standalone copy? If ‘YES’ then it means the scan hardware of the All-in-One works fine.

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

If you are using MAC OS, then try the steps here:

• Click the Apple menu icon, and then click “System Preferences”.
  • Click “Printers and Scanner” / “Print and Scan” or “Print and Fax”.
  • Right-click the blank space in the Printers list, and then click “Reset printing system”.
  • Click “Reset” in the confirmation window.
  • Enter an administrator username and password, and then click “OK”.
  • Wait until the printing system is reset and no devices show in the Printers list
  • Restart your computer and then go back to System preferences – Printers and scanners.
  • Click the “Add button” (+).
  • Find, and then select the name of your printer from the printer list, and then click “Add” to add your printer.
  • Click “Print Using...” or “Use”, and then select Secure AirPrint or AirPrint. Alternatively, you may select the name of your printer if available in that list.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Jeet,

Thank you very much but still no printing. Followed all instructions to 100 %, tried to copy again, no printing

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,260 30,210 2,498 3,781
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mollermarbella

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

If you've tried using the copier as a stand alone and that doesn't work either, I'm afraid that would confirm a hardware malfunction as mentioned by the last tech, you could try the below steps and if nothing works Contact HP to have the printer either repaired or replaced:

Step 1: Clean the scanner

Fingerprints, smudges, dust, or debris on the scanner glass, under the scanner lid, or in the document feed slot can cause lines and color bands. Clean these parts with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

Step 2: Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate which might fix the problem.

1. Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. If you have an HP DeskJet 3700 series printer, calibrate the scanner after resetting the printer.

7. Load the original document or photo, then try to copy.

If the issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 3: Clean the ADF rollers

Dust or paper residue on the rollers or separator pad inside the automatic document feeder (ADF) can result in copy quality issues. Open the ADF, and then clean the ADF rollers and separator pad.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

If the issue persists, HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 3 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks for all your information. To try to give you some more information. I have cleaned and followed all instructions, bu still no copies, no printing. There is all the time a red X, the wifi lamp has no light, usually on a scanner printer there is a flashing blue light. For me it seems like there is no connection from my Mac to the device.

You do not say anything about a driver, maybe the correct driver is not installed????

I have earlier worked with HP Envy 4525 , but this stopped working last week and in the house there is  this HP officejet Pro 8500A Plus, A910g and I intended to make use of this together with my wife that is working with Windows instead of us having one printer scanner each.

The device is not new but has been used without any problems until I tried to install it and also my wife.

Can there be a network problenm as my wife has installed but even when she is trying to print, no printing is coming out of the machine, but both myself when trying print or copy and so my wife, can hear the machine working but out comes a blank page.

I thought it was the cartridgeses that were empty, bought a new  set for 150 €, but as said, no printing.

I have no guarantee, I am sure that it is cheaper to buy a new one than to repair??????

Do you think it is a drive problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
30,260 30,210 2,498 3,781
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mollermarbella

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

I'm afraid this seems to be a hardware malfunction, going by what you've described so far,

I recommend you Contact HP as advised earlier.

Please refer to the steps mentioned at the bottom of my last response to Contact HP,

Feel free to post any other queries as we'll be happy to help you out.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation