cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

OJP 7740 Wide Format--Cartridge Malfunction

HP Recommended
OfficeJetPro 7740 Wide Format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is only 18 months old. Well taken care of. Warranty expired.

HP brand 952XL black cartridge is new.

Checked that all software is up to date.

Used HP virtual assistant and did all the trouble shooting. 

I still get an error message to re-install my cartridge.  Sometimes when I re-install the cartridge, it will print one page and then malfunction again. I run a small business (writing, editing, publishing, photography) so this is not going to work.

And other trouble shooting ideas? I found a place that does HP repairs for $69 flat fee + parts. Should I do that? Never had this issue with an HP printer before. Very disappointed. 

Gratefully, Gretchen

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,205 14,199 934 1,109
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ggmartens, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which of the ink cartridges is indicated as defective in the error?

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue - HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge.

Have you tried using an alternate ink cartridge?

If yes, and the error persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

If the printer is out of warranty, then you may take it to a local store for repair at your own discretion. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation