cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

OfficeJet 6978 printing blank pages

HP Recommended

My  Officejet printer is printing only blank pages and copying blank pages. I have done a hard reset of the printer, used the ‘clean print head’ app on the printer many times, manually cleaned the print head, replaced the print cartridges with HP genuine cartridges and nothing works! Help! The printer is only a year old if that. In addition to this frustration, HP support cannot find my printer even though I am entering the serial number correctly. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 13
Level 13
6,297 6,267 506 1,071
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello Wendy84310, 

You seem to have performed almost all the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. However, use the below URL to check if you have missed any.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6970-all-in-one-printer-series/8289585/model/1... 

If issue still persists, i'd guess it could be an issue with the Printhead, which is a fixed part in this printer.  Hence a printer service would be required. 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue with mine and it is about the same age. According to what I can tell this is a common issue with this model. Were you able to get your issue resolved?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation