Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 6960
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I scan too Google Drive the pdf's come out in Letter format which means the bottom of the page is cut off. Is there a way to change the format to A4?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MarianneDSthlm I went through the details and it looks like this feature may not be supported by the printer, that said, as a work around you may try adjusting the scan settings, i.e change the paper to A4 under scan menu:

• scan > settings > paper size > A4

If nothing works, I'm afraid we've reached the end of the line and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@MarianneDSthlm I suggest you select the paper type/size under settings, once done, follow the below steps to resolve the issue:

Use the Google Drive app on your printer control panel to save scanned documents to your Google Drive account, or print documents securely from your Google Drive account to your printer directly from your printer control panel.

Step 1: Set up the Google Drive app on your printer

To set up the Google Drive app, make sure you have an Android smartphone or tablet, computer, Chromebook, or iPad or iPhone and can access your printer control panel.

1. Make sure you have the following items:

• Your Android smartphone or tablet, computer, Chromebook, iPad or iPhone, and your printer are connected to a network with an active internet connection.

• Web Services enabled on your printer.

If you have not yet enabled Web Services, go to Getting Started with ePrint.

NOTE: 

Web Services must be enabled on your printer to use the Google Drive app. If Web Services is disabled, the Google Drive app does not work.

• A Google account, if you do not have one already.

2. Turn on your printer, if it is not on already.

3. On the printer control panel, find the Drive app .

If the Google Drive app  does not display on the control panel, go to What if my printer does not have the Google Drive app on the printer control panel for the steps to install the Google Drive app.

4. Note the activation code on the Account Setup screen.

Figure : Example of the activation code on the Account Setup screen

Image: Example of the activation code on the Account Setup screen.
  5. On your computer or mobile device, open a web browser window or tab, then sign in to your Google account.

6. Type www.google.com/device in your web browser's address bar, then press Enter.

7. Under Connect your device, type the activation code in the text box, then click Continue.

NOTE: 

Make sure you type the uppercase (capital) and lowercase (small) letters exactly. Otherwise, the activation fails.

8. On the printer control panel, touch Confirm.

9. Touch Yes to allow the printer to save your email address.

Without your email address, you must set up your Google Drive account with a new activation code each time you use the Google Drive app.

10. Touch OK to enter a 4-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) to restrict access to your Google Drive account, if desired.

11. After entering your PIN in both text boxes, touch Continue to complete the set up.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

I've already gone through all the steps you describe when I bought the printer. It's not that I don't know how to scan, it's that I want to scan to A4 paper format, not Letter.

I've now gone through these options to scan (scanned the same document):

• Scan to Google Drive
  • Scan to E-mail
  • Scan via HP Smart app

The only one that scans correctly to A4 is the HP Smart app. When I scan to Google Drive and via E-mail the document is scanned in Letter format. I guess I could continue to scan via the app, only problem is that I have to move myself and my laptop to another location as I don't have the printer next to me.

Sureley there must be a setting for both scan to Google Drive and to E-mail to change the format to A4?

HP Recommended

@MarianneDSthlm I understand what you mean, the steps are meant to help both you and others with similar issues, that said, if you've already gone through all of that and yet the issue persists, here's a few other things you need to check:

Use the Google Drive app to scan documents or photos to your Google Drive account from your printer.

1.   On the printer control panel, find the Drive app .

2.   Select your email address, then touch Login.

3.   Enter your PIN, then touch Login again.

4.   To open your Google Drive account, touch Scan & Upload .

5.   Load the document or photo:

· Scanner glass: Place the item with the print side down on the scanner glass, and then position it according to the engraved guides around the glass. Close the scanner lid.

· Automatic document feeder (ADF): Place the item into the document feeder tray. The print side faces up and the top edge goes into the tray first. Adjust the width guides to fit the item.

CAUTION:  

Do not load photos in the ADF. Use the scanner glass instead to prevent damage to photos.

6.   Change the scan settings if necessary, then touch Scan.

The printer scans the document or image and the item is saved in your Google Drive account

If that doesn't help, upgrade the printer firmware: click here for steps.

And let me know how that pans out.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It's admirable that you're trying to teach me how to scan. Beginning to suspect that you're a bot...

I know how to scan - I just want to change the format to A4.

HP Recommended

@MarianneDSthlm Now that I've read my post again, I see why it may look like a bot response, however, I assure you its not, that said, Step #6 refers to changing scan settings and that's something you need to do, to change the format to A4, and if that isn't working, as requested at the bottom of my last post, upgrade the firmware and then, check if that works.

Let me know if you've tried that.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Firmware is up to date, paper format set to A4 everywhere I can find that setting.

As I wrote in my first post:

I've now gone through these options to scan (scanned the same document):

• Scan to Google Drive
  • Scan to E-mail
  • Scan via HP Smart app

The only one that scans correctly to A4 is the HP Smart app. When I scan to Google Drive and via E-mail the document is scanned in Letter format.

Marianne

HP Recommended

@MarianneDSthlm I went through the details and it looks like this feature may not be supported by the printer, that said, as a work around you may try adjusting the scan settings, i.e change the paper to A4 under scan menu:

• scan > settings > paper size > A4

If nothing works, I'm afraid we've reached the end of the line and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.