cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
wyncdavies
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

OfficeJet Pro 8600 magenta streaks in vertical white stripes

HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8600 Pro
macOS 10.14 Mojave

When printing I get white horizontal streaks out of the magenta cartridge.  I have cleaned the printheads many times at the 3 different levels.  This doesn't do any good.  I have reset the printer as described in one of the support articles.  I bought another set of HP ink cartridges thinking the ones I had were bad and the print quality was the same.

Any suggestions on what I can do?  I don't really want to buy a new printer, this one only has 4511 pages printed.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
atharva_gp
Retired
Retired
1,210 1,210 73 98
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wyncdavies,

Thank you for reaching out to the HP Support community!

You can try updating the printer firmware.

• Refer to this link to update the printer firmware.

Also, check if you have performed all the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this document.

If the issue persists, it could be an issue with the Print head of the printer.

I would request you to contact out HP Support for service/upgrade options.

Click on this Link to contact HP.

Cheers!

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
wyncdavies
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can you tell me exactly where to look for a contact number to call for service/upgrade options?  I tried to find that originally because I have done every step I have found online and it still doesn't work.  I cannot find a phone number anywhere.

Thanks.

Wyn

0 Kudos
atharva_gp
Retired
Retired
1,210 1,210 73 98
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@wyncdavies,

I will send you a private message. Please check.

ATHARVA_GP
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation