Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet PRO 8710
Linux

Just though i would chip in on this one, I have had the exact same problem as this since the printer was new (Nov 2017 it was purchased) - it was a hit or a miss to whether it printed on anything other than plain paper.

It is now out of warranty and i regret not contacting HP sooner as i have also wasted a small fortune trying different paper stocks and today i bought another load to try it again, so far today i have ruined 6 pages of a premium photo paper, cleaned all the rollers, tried different operating systems / printer settings and still no joy, lots of squeaking, mis-feeds but on the plus side i have successfully managed to printed 5 photos onto the internals of the printer, so my instant ink account will be billed for 5 pages that never got printed and no doubt I will get a few pages with the lines of ink on them the next time they run through the printer.

Thank You Midoriha_senpai for the tip on pressing on the back door of the printer, I finally got a picture printed today (10th time lucky) - Its not usable due to the ink marks on the rear of it from all the previous failed prints but at least i may be able to make up some sort of bracket to hold the door shut to get future prints out.

HP hang your head in shame, you would expect this on a std 8710 but not the pro version, its a shame as this printer rattles through plain paper inc doubled sided prints like a champ, its by far on of the best printers I've owned for printing normal paper but fails so bad on any other paper and has done since day one, this issue should have been addressed years ago!!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Davie3601

Welcome to HP support community.

I am sending you a private message requesting few details. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.