cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Mycanthus
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

OfficeJet Pro 8710 - "Cartridge Problem"

HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use to have Instant Ink, and I cancelled it and now am using off brand cartridges'.

I was printing fine, got 5 pages done.  Then when I came back to my printer I saw it was doing an update, I let the update finish, and now it keeps giving me a error that there is something wrong with my cartridges.  They were working just fine immediately  before the update and now they are not.  I changed to new off brand new cartridges and its still giving me the same message.  Does this mean that I can no longer use off brand ink cartridges?  How do I fix this error.

I have tried turning on/off the machine, I've tried to reset the cartridges multiple times, and still all the cartridges register as not working and won't let me use them.  Anyone got any suggestions? 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation