Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@edwardpjackman

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Oh my ... don't you love the cut and paste form-letter one size fits all repies? Are you a bot? Do you even understand the issue? Look, I bought my 8720 August 2016 -- as of this post, its April, 2017. It NEVER printed to the HP Brochure paper that is RECOMMEDED for this machine. I've made two 90 second vidoes to show EXACTLY what happens. To be clear, the printer works fine with normal paper and I've tried dozens of differnt settings of the printer and within the printing software ... never makes any differenece. HP will never admit it has a design flaw unless a legal action forces them to.

https://tinyurl.com/HP8720-wont-print-to-cardstock

HP Recommended

Hi

I'm new to the forum!    I also was having trouble printing card stock/business card this morning.  

1)I had 2  1/2 inch thick business-size envelopes near the printer for shredding. 

2)I did what a prior user did and stuck them under the side edges of the printer and clear of the printing tray.  

3) I returned to the laptop and pressed print on the business card template I made and ....

4)  IT WORKED !!   

5)  i was using Avery 8871 business card size.  

6)  I tried everything I could creatively think of this morning to print the business cards to no succcess... until I propped up the printer.... the gravity factor I suppose.... just as mentioned by another user above.     Becky/Indianapolis

HP Recommended
What does that mean what you said??
HP Recommended

THANK YOU for that brilliant idea - I have battled this for YEARS.  Sometimes it would print and other times just get stuck every time.  LIfting the front worked miracles, and using a doorstop so I don't have to hold it up every time is brilliant!

HP Recommended

THANK YOU for that brilliant idea - I have battled this for YEARS.  Sometimes it would print and other times just get stuck every time.  LIfting the front worked miracles, and using a doorstop so I don't have to hold it up every time is brilliant!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.