Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 9010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

This morning my OfficeJet printer lost WiFi access after 2 months of smooth operation.

The printer not only will not connect to WiFi, but all options relating to WiFi on the printer itself have disappeared - I can't use the touchscreen menu to view anything relating to WiFi.

I've tried restarting the printer, computer and WiFi router. I've also tried resetting the printer, reinstalling the drivers and accessing it through HP Smart.

The Web Access Test page gives the following diagnosis and solution:

Attention: The printer is not connected to a network.

Solution: The printer's wireless feature has been turned off, and the printer has not been set up for a network connection. To set up the printer on the network, use either the HP printer software or the printer's Wireless Setup Wizard. You can also connect the printer to a network using an Ethernet cable. If you are unable to set up the printer wirelessly, try connecting using this method instead.

Note: I have connected the printer via the ethernet cable, which seems to work for the laptop (which can identify and print from the printer) but not for the printer (which reports that the ethernet cable is not connected).

I'm absolutely at my wits end on this so any help much appreciated!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.