Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP officejet 4620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp Officejet 4620 all-in-one printer, cz152a - 64001,  Firmware - cwm1fn1829ar.

More info upon request if needed.
Stopped printing black. I found two error codes, 0xc19a0013 and under vid/pid 0x03f01264 I believe that is a F after the 3 or it could be a 1. last 5 events, 74899,72716, 74899, 72716, 72716. 
I have tried every possible solution and not only does it not print black it will also not pass an alignment because it says it cannot detect the scan of the alignment page. Most likely because there isn't much on the paper to see.

I was wondering if the print set up cartridge would do the trick or if you had any other real suggestions. I can access any menu you'd like to give you more info. I actually have two hp4620's doing the same thing so I really do not think it is a hardware problem.  Thanks for any help in advance, FrankMons  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@FrankMons

Welcome to HP support community.

Make sure that the cartridges are properly vented and seated correctly

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

2. Locate the two slots on the left and right sides of the printer.

Figure : Locations of the two slots

Image: Locations of the two slots
  3. Slide your fingers into the two slots, and then lift up to open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves into the access area.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

Image: Open the cartridge access door.
  4. Press the tab on the front of the cartridge inward to release it, and then pull up on the cartridge to remove it from the slot.

Figure : Remove the ink cartridge from its slot

Image: Remove the ink cartridge from its slot
  5. Locate the vent area on the top of the cartridge.

Figure : Vent area on the top of the cartridge

Image: Vent area on the top of the cartridge
  6. If the cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, pull to remove it.

Figure : Orange pull tab

Image: Orange pull tab.
  7. If the vent is clogged, use a straight pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.

Figure : Clean the clogged vent with a pin

Image: Clean the clogged vent with a pin.

Clogged vent
    2. With a straight pin, gently remove excess adhesive from the vent

3. Unclogged vent

8. With the nozzle and contacts facing down, slide the cartridge into its slot. Press down on the cartridge until it clicks into place.

NOTE: 

Make sure that each cartridge is installed in the correct slot. Match the shape of the icon and the color of the cartridge with the slot that has the same shaped icon and color.

Figure : Reinsert the cartridge

Image: Insert the cartridge
  9. Repeat these steps to inspect the vents on each of the cartridges.

10. Make sure that each cartridge is firmly in place in its slot. Run your finger along the top of the cartridges to feel for any that are protruding, and if any are, press down firmly until each cartridge snaps into place.

11. Close the cartridge access door.

Figure : Close the cartridge access door

Image: Close the cartridge access door
  12. Print, and then review another test page.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.