Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4650
Other

Printer is being a complete pain. Halfway through a real HP ink cartridge and it's now decided it's not a compatible cartridge and won't print.

Any ideas?

Tried the obvious, removing and replacing ink, switching off at mains, swearing at it, threatening to throw it out and replace it with a different printer, nothing has worked. Refuse to buy more ink on the off chance it will work it's cheaper to buy another printer in the uk

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Fed_up_of_this_, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand the ink cartridge is not working. Which ink cartridge is indicated in the error?

This printer supports printing in single-cartridge mode.

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - HP Printer Does not Print and Error Indicates Faulty Ink Cartridge

Make sure the ink cartridges are properly placed. You may refer to - Replacing the Ink Cartridges

If the issue persists, I'm afraid this could be a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the replacement options. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Kumar, I'll give those a try. It's the black that has suddenly decided to stop working.

HP Recommended

Thanks Kumar, sorry didn't work, it was the same steps that I did before coming here.

The hp support link will just tell me it's out of warranty, I tried that one before as well.

I'll give up and buy a different printer. It will cost the same for a brand new printer on special offer as it will for a replacement cartridge that might not work. 

HP Recommended

@Fed_up_of_this_

I understand. Yes, if the printer is out of warranty, it is better to get a new one. Keep us posted for any other assistance, happy to help.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.