cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Unoqualsiasi
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Officejet 4657 hangs before the first print job after power on

HP Recommended
officejet 4657
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hy all of the sudden it's impossible make photocopies using the keyboard; i select b&w or color then start, i can hear some noise, i see the moving bar but... nothing else.
Then, all of the sudden, after roughly 5 minutes the job starts and it can be partial or total. From that moment the printer will works properly until the next power off. On the new start the problem pop up again and you have to wait 5 minutes for the first job to be printed.
This when using stand alone.
The same applies trying to send a print via usb; before the first job is done you have to wait 5 minutes; it can print a first sheet with few lines and a second sheet correctly or can directly print correctly. From now until the next power off the printer works good only to show the problem again the next day at the start up.
The last time I gave a look at registry events those 74900,74899,72450,69556 were shown.
Already tried semi full reset without any improvement.
Scan works both on keyboard and usb
Any idea?
Thanks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation