cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Officejet 5740 printer error caused by something on my PC

HP Recommended
Officejet 5740
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Officejet displays "Printer Error - There is a problem with the printer.  Turn the printer Off, then On." when connected wirelessly or via ethernet cable AND when my PC is turned on.  This leads me to believe there is something on my PC that's reaching out to the printer and causing this error, but to date, I've been unable to identify the issue.

When the printer is connected via a USB cable to the PC, and wireless is disabled and the ethernet cable unplugged, the printer works fine (but I'd prefer not to use the USB cable).

I have removed the HP software from my PC, but that had no effect.  Also, the printer is not defined as a printer in my settings at this point.  That has no effect.

If I power my PC off and then power cycle the printer, the printer comes up fine and displays no error.  If I power on my PC and then power cycle the printer, the printer comes up and is fine for a few seconds, then it displays the error and is unusable.  Power cycling the printer again results in the same issue.

Any suggestions as to what the issue is would be most welcome!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation