cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Officejet 6600 shows message that the printer head appears to be missing?

HP Recommended
Officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer started displaying a message on the printer that says "the printer head appears to be missing, not detected or incorrectly installed".  I followed the standard instructions of disconnecting the power, waiting and reconnecting several times.  I then updated the printer's firmware and did all the power off and on several times, but the message is still there.  The printer's control panel shows an option "show me" which is supposed to tell me how to reinstall the printheads, but when I press the screen to choose the option it does nothing.

My printer is way out of warranty and none of HP care packages that might offer technical support seem to cover an Officejet 6600 unless I am missing something.

I would appreciate a fix or if there is no fix the link to the exact HP webpage that will allow me to purchase a replacement printhead.  I would prefer to get the part directly from HP if one's needed vs. from some third party site where the quality and compatibility are unknown.

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
29,386 29,121 2,603 9,696
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@IlliniDan 

Warning!!

==============================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Reminder to those reading:

Do NOT respond to vermin who post phone numbers or email addresses.

HP does not post phone numbers or email in Community messages.

==============================================================

I cannot help with finding a print head - these are sometimes available through third party merchants.

HP does not likely carry this part - old printer and all that.

Find / Check for parts at PartSurfer / HP Parts Store

Reference:  HP Notebook PCs - Ordering HP Certified Replacement Parts

PartSurfer might be able to tell you exactly which parts came with your device.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter the device Product Number , Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as "n/a" are not available from HP.

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

If HP does not provide the part for retail purchase,

Use your search engine to find a compatible replacement at your favorite online store.

Reminder:

IF you decide to try an revive your printer going this route, be sure the merchant sends you "Start up" / "Setup" cartridges else the print head won't do any good even if it is the solution.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not a business group of HP..

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation