Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-23-2020 06:07 PM
Works with all other computers on network. Just stopped working on one computer (the important one); I think it may be corrupted driver. I am able to uninstall the printer (W10 settings), and delete the driver/software in the remove programs. Tried to reinstall printer using HP Smart no luck, and also tried to reinstall driver which I downloaded directly from HP updated driver web site. Again no luck.
In the HP Smart app the printer appears; and can print a test from HP Smart app >advanced settings.
In W10 Device/Printer settings the printer is listed with note that driver is unavailable.
Attempted to add printer from W10 settings, had to identify printer by network address; identified printer no problem ; message said printer will be installed with HP Officejet 6950 PCL-3 driver; this returns error: "Unable to install printer. Handle is invalid."
Seems weird to suddenly have this problem and to have a simple driver reinstall be so problematic. Suggestions welcome!
04-25-2020 02:40 PM
I have tried all the various driver unistall procedures that I can locate on these forums: the print spool, the printui, the long file repository deletion run from CMD -- no sign of any HP printer anywhere. BUT cannot reinstall driver from latest version downloaded from web. W10 settings list the printer with note 'Driver Unavailable'. Driver installation appears to hang on Installing Network Device, in spite of fact printer and computer are both on the network.
04-27-2020 08:00 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand you are not able to print from the PC. I'd be happy to assist you.
As you are able to print from other devices, the printer is working fine.
Check the connectivity between the printer and this PC.
- Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
- This printer supports only 2.4GHz network. So, the PC should be on the 2.4GHz network.
- If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.
- On the PC, go to Control panel > Devices and printers > Add a printer(at the top)
- Under 'Choose a device or printer', click on 'The printer I want isn't listed'.
- Select 'Add a printer using a TCP/IP address'
- Find the IP address of the printer by tapping on the wireless icon on the printer screen
- Type in the 'IP address in Hostname or IP address' box, click next
- Proceed to the next steps by following the on-screen instructions.
- Try printing in color.
If the issue persists, Install the printer using Windows built-in driver
Refer to this document to know how. Try printing.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
04-27-2020 12:31 PM
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I tried all those steps. Still doesn't work.
The installation hangs up at; 'installing network device'.
Printers and scanners page still shows driver unavailable.
Also tried installing Windows built in driver; that didn't work either. Driver did not install.
Please send further instructions.
04-28-2020 09:06 AM