Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an HP Officejet dad has seen practically no use since its purchase because I bought it to install at my brothers apartment and he’s not a fan of computers doesn’t even own a computer.  It was mostly for me if I should ever need to bring my laptop while I was visiting him an hour, late mother, and print something spontaneously.

I am currently staying with him on a more long-term basis, because I am recuperating from major spine surgery. I knew I might need to use the printer and I had not updated the subscription for the HP Instant Ink opting instead to intentionally let it lapse because it doesn’t even stay turned on at my brothers apartment. We keep it turned off, so therefore it is not on the Internet. My phone he does have an Internet connection and I do get the blue Wi-Fi icon lighting up.

I am trying to change out the ink cartridges to non-instant ink cartridges and every time I turn the printer on I get several errors. The first one is the printer was not turned off properly and the other one is about a printer jam and I am a computer helpdesk analyst with 25 years experience in the corporate sector so I know my way around a printer to find printer jams and I can tell you 100% there are no printer jams. That our messages accompanies an error number which is 0x6100004a and when I open up the section that provides the access to the printer head and cartridge carousel. This time goes on the cartridge carousel does not come out for me to change the cartridges.

I am befuddled as to what to do about this problem and need some help.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Alisa.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Wonder-Woman 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply and for escalating this to someone that can help. This printer has pretty much only been used once or twice since it was purchased. I purchased it to try to help out my brother during the time. Period that had that event that we don’t talk about happen in case his company issued him a laptop to work from home and he would need to print anything which never occurred. The printer has sat idle and turned off with the ink cartridges left inside it, which was pretty much of a dumb move on my part especially since I am  a 25 year veteran of corporate IT for retail companies supporting their POS systems. I am also a computer builder, so I am familiar with taking equipment apart, upgrading and building new computers which I am about to do as soon as I am finished recuperating from major back surgery. I will be building my first gaming/creator desktop with a custom water cooling system, and I am looking forward to getting to that project.

Once again, thank you for taking a hand in my situation.

Sincerely,

Alisa.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.