Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 7110

Hi,

I have owned an Officejet 7110 series printer for several years which I have been running on an iMac without problems. My old iMac recently expired and the replacement runs OS 11.1 (Big Sur).

Despite downloading the latest firmware and driver software available from the HP website, and the printer appearing as normal in the printer list of the System Preferences (it displays as 'idle' and highlighted green when switched on and connected), I am unable to print anything from programs such as Photoshop or the Pages word processor; when a page is sent to print, the print queue dialog box displays the message 'waiting for the printer to become available' and nothing happens.

However, I am able to print test pages and run maintenance checks using the HP Utility app. This appears to connect to the printer without any problems, and displays all the ink levels and technical details as normal. It tells me that the driver version installed is HP Inkjet 4 Driver 4.7.0.

There are no other error messages or indications that there are connection issues.

The printer is connected with a USB cable. I have tried unplugging/plugging in the cable, resetting the printer, resetting the printer system in the System Preferences, even installing the printer software again in case I missed something, but none of these has made any difference.

I'll be grateful for any help with this matter!

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again everyone,

I have now figured out a solution to the issue.

The USB connection issue is not resolved, however I am now able to print from my Mac by connecting to the printer wirelessly instead.

This is how I did it: I opened HP Utility and began the wireless set up process. Once the printer was added to my wireless (i.e. home wifi) network, I added the device again to the printer list in System Preferences by clicking the '+' symbol and using the printer's IP address, as shown in the HP Utility device information, as its location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Scan menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi Shlomi, thanks a lot for your reply.

I have followed your instructions and uninstalled the HP software and then reinstalled it again using the installation software in the link, however the problem persists. At the end of the installation process, where it allows me to print a test page, the print queue window displays the same message (see attached image) and nothing happens. The System Preferences printer list now also displays an 'error' message beside the printer image.

I 'd appreciate any further advice.

Screenshot 2020-12-18 at 11.56.50.png

HP Recommended

Hi again everyone,

I have now figured out a solution to the issue.

The USB connection issue is not resolved, however I am now able to print from my Mac by connecting to the printer wirelessly instead.

This is how I did it: I opened HP Utility and began the wireless set up process. Once the printer was added to my wireless (i.e. home wifi) network, I added the device again to the printer list in System Preferences by clicking the '+' symbol and using the printer's IP address, as shown in the HP Utility device information, as its location.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.