Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 N911g
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model Name: Officejet Pro 8600 N911g

Firmware Version: CKP1CN1545AR

Software Version: 028.000.1315.000

Printer Driver Version: 09.84.00.1173

My printer stopped responding to the power off button so I've been unplugging the power cord in the back, holding power button for over 15 seconds, and plugging power cord back in. The device automatically turns on but the power button was still not responding. I scheduled the printer to shut off via the Printer Home Page and the machine turned off. I did not schedule a machine turn on time. However, now I am unable to turn the machine back on. I have tried power cycling:

1. unplugging device

2. holding the power button for more than 30 seconds

3. re-plugging device into wall outlet

4. pressing the on button once

The machine's power button will be very dim upon plugging back in but is unresponsive. Above 7 seconds in, LED screen and power button will flash and then even the dim power button goes black.

I have tried replacing the CMOS battery with a new battery and the above still happens.

Can HP help resolve this issue please? I'm happy to provide more information about this printer.

Additionally, I'm experiencing the same thing as this user here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/Officejet-8600-Pro-won-t-power-up/m-p/57395...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@lostnconfused1

Welcome to the HP support community.

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP's support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.