Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hello, I am trying to set up my wireless 8600 on my network, but find that even the factory defaults were locked by the system administrator. The administrator is my ex... Can someone tell me how to unlock it so I can use the wizard to get it on my network? Thank you! 

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello pedalva,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are looking to remove the admin blocks on your Officejet Pro 8600, I would like to see if I can help. Please check your PM's here on the Forums.

If you are not sure how to check them, it's the envelope icon to the right of Log Out.

Cheers,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
  1. Press the "Go Back" (looks like an arrow) button 5 times in a row
  2. Press Support Menu
  3. Hit the > button to "Reset" Menu
  4. Hit the > button to Semi-Full Reset
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem, can you please send me the instructions to unblock my printer?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

OMG Thank you Candid

HP Recommended

Thanks Candid, this worked!  For those that are confused, keep in mind the "go back" button will not be lit so you need to tap where the button is located even though it is not showing...

HP Recommended

Candid, I think I love you..........

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you so much candid04!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Where is the "Support Menu" or the icon for that?  I saw further down in the loop even though you can't see the Go Back button to hit it 5 times in a row but then I don't see anything that says Support Menu

HP Recommended

well after several attempts and further research.  This is a hidden button as well.  Just keep clicking and it will show up.  Yahoo printer is now connected to my new Modem.  HP  You should not have hidden buttons, nor should you set up an ADMIN lock automatically.....Other than that I love my HP 8600.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.