Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Officejet 8600 printerhead problem

HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the officejet pro 8600 printer. It worked fine for seven years but stopped working in december last year. The problem happened when it was out of black ink and asked if it was to continue with other types of ink, i.e the colored ones. I answered YES and then it stopped working. Error message said that there was a problem with the printer head (missing or faulty or similar as I remeber it). I carried out the suggested procedures several times but to no avail. This included taking out the head and putting it back. I also cleaned the electrical contacts of the head, but it did not help.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Best regards

Robert B.

Sweden

1 REPLY 1
Level 12
Level 12
5,007 4,991 579 808
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can replace the printhead, but the cost of new printhead will be as close as the cost of the new printer.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation