Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 9025e
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I bought the Officejet 9025e in December 2020. First day it arrived the one of the Starter ink cartridges was leaking and had to call Support. Since then it has been a huge challenge.

I get the error message on the printer that says:  

Check Your Account (this is the title bar)

"A problem has occurred with your HP account and you will be unable to print soon unless the issue is resolved.

To learn more, open the HP Smart app or visit www.hpsmart.com and sign in"

Not sure how long because I didn't observe the timing the first time, but once whatever time frame elapses, the printer just stops printing with no way to get it to print after that.

So, I go to my account and scour all of the pages and find nothing. I call Support (12 times already - requires being transferred to 5-8 people each time) and they say your account is fine.  The last agent reset the printer to factory default and erased all the printers on my machine. Then reinstalled from scratch and the printer worked for about 3-4 days. Now the message is back.

As I mentioned before, once the message shows up the first time, after a few days (not sure how many, I am counting this time), the printer actually stops printing and does not print any jobs, even though they show up in the queue.

Tried Support again yesterday, 7 times, got disconnected every time I got to the right department, after being routed another 5-8 times between departments for each call.

I have no idea what is going on. I have the Free 6-month Instant Ink account that came with the purchase, but have not had to use it because I have half full cartridges in the printer now. I suspect it will turn out to be that I should throw away the current cartridges and put in the Instant Ink ones.  

Barring that, does anyone have any idea on how to fix or even why this is happening?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @jrogern,

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you everyone this post is resolved by an HP Case Manager. Thanks for the assist from everyone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.