Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried the advice in the earlier post of this subject as far as "Now check for issue resolution" but cannot go further as there are no Deskjet entries in "Programs and Features". I also tried re-loading the software. There an "Uninstall" command in there but that did not do anything. After running it the printer and fault are still there.

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi, Could you clarify what exact extra page is printed, or add a sample?

such may either occur due to hardware issues (alignment sheet), or from incorrect settings which can probably resolve without any need to reinstall the software.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Shlomi, thanks for the quick response. It appears to be part of a colour test page. Just at the top of the page there is a vertical column about 22 mm high KCMY, then four coloured dashes \\\\ eight |||| |||| four \\\\ each group KCMY

HP Recommended

I assume you refer to an alignment page as I suspected? here is an example picture to ensure we refer to the same printout indeed:

Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot a such, this will not get resolved by reinstalling the software as it indicates a printhead, hardware, or a print quality problem:

https://support.hp.com/vn-en/document/c01961067

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks, first the extra page appears after a print out, not before. I have tried "Align printheads"  but there is no change. Also the page printed is just the top row, not as shown below.

HP Recommended

Could you please add a screenshot of the printed report to verify? i would guess this due the same cause due to any cartridge or printhead issue.

Also, please print and include a Print Quality Report, see Step Four below:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01962224

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Sorry, not sure what "screenshot of the printed report to verify" means. I attach a copy of the Diagnostics page. Printed on used paperHP Officejet Pro001.jpg

HP Recommended

Just had an email telling me there was a response, but nothing after my previous reply.

HP Recommended

Please include a picture of the printed page, but be sure to remove any personal information such as the printer serial number, to avoid possible problems while publishing such personal information publicly.

Cheers,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Here is the diagnostic print-out and a print-out of the extra page that is printed AFTER each print job.Had a little difficulty doing this!

Tony

DiagnosticDiagnosticpage that follows a print-outpage that follows a print-out

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.