Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am extremely frustrated by the number of hoops that I have had to jump through, in order to get my printer back up and running. I have re-seated my printerhead assembly multiple times; re-seated the cartridges multiple times; attempted to reset the printer with all of the variations of powering off, pulling the power cord from the wall and the printer etc. etc.

This finally culminated with me going out and buying a complete set of color XL cartridges (at the cost of $95 + tax).

Since none of the above worked I am being asked (per the progressive directions from HP, to now spend approx. $190 for a printerhead.

I think that this is unreasonable, and HP should provide an alternative to me having to spend more money, with something that has taken hours of my time, and has such an uncertainty of outcome.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Tonybee1

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Jay_G24,

It has been over 24 hours, and I have not received the private message which you referred to. Do you have a time frame for when I should expect to receive this message? 

I have been without the use of my printer for almost a week, and have had to find alternative means for printing. 

Also, I forgot to mention in my initial post, that I had replaced my black ink cartridge with a new cartridge as well.

HP Recommended

Jay_G24,

I still have not received the message as promised, and still without the use of my printer. 

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my HP8600.  Has this been resolved or do I have an expensive doorstop at this point?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.