Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Example: Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I've had my Officejet Pro for years and installed countless ink cartridges. However, all of a sudden, the inkjet cartridges I purchased from HP will not fit. They don't click into place. I can remove and re-insert the old one but the new one won't go in. It feels like there is a blockage and I don't want to force it and break something. I really like this printer but will junk it if I can't get ink to fit. They are not bootleg cartridges, they are the 952 that I've always used. Very frustrating.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

HP Officejet 8600 can use HP 950/951 ink cartridges only.

HP 952 is not intended to be used and can't be inserted in OJ 8600. If you have an OJ8600 and HP 952 cartridges then you have wrong cartridges.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.