Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I'm glad it helped you... I think this solution is going to be valid for quite some time...   So I hope it stays searchable within the forums.

HP Recommended

i upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10.  I believe I was able to print but the software wouldn't let me scan.  HP troubleshooter wanted to uninstall and reinstall the program, so I let it do that but the old program wasn't deinstalled.  I deinstalled the old stuff but the new one wouldn't uninstall.  Finally went through a process of removing everything through Regedit.  I added the printer, no problem loaded the software, and it goes into the loop that you are describing. I deinstalled the printer, no help.   I tried the Win 7 trick and that was no help, still failed.  I tried it with the IP address and with the printer name about 10 times each and it's not working...  I reinstalled my 8625 and tried again with the Win 7 trick and no help.  The one thing that I find weird is Win 10 is has the location as a URL address not an IP.. it's http://[fe80::6ec2:17ff:...}:3911  I've never seen anything like this before,   And the Port is a WSD Port, and you cannot configure it to an IP port.  Any help would be appreciated...  

HP Recommended

If you have set the compatibility mode of the install program to Windows 7 and wont Work the next suggestion i have is to disable in the network adapter  the tcpip v6 protocol .
So go to the networkadapter properties of the network card with you use  to connect to the network and uncheck the tcpip v6 option.

to be sure best uninstall the hp software and reboot if there is nog already hp software so you can  do the installation  again from the start after the reboot. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.