Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I tried installing my printer again.  Downloads complete but when it gets to attaching the usb the screen stops and doesn't give further installation directions. 

HP Recommended

What does the screen look like, Can you attact a screen shot?

JonW

I work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi,

The detailed description of troubleshooting steps has been given in below link. Click on the windows 7 link and follow the steps.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02266743

Also can use PSDR to fix the issue

Please Download and run the Printer doctor tool to find and fix your problem

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-926&h_lang=en&h_client=s-h-e016-1&h_keyword=dg-PDU

Happy Printing

Click on the "Thumbs up"button on the bottom to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

HP Recommended

Sorry to hear that your printer is still not running as expected.  Have you run the HP Print and Scan Doctor ?

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below if the information is helpful !
HP Recommended

I know you posted this some time ago but I bought a new desktop with Windows 10 recently and also unable to scan to PDF.   I had absolutely no problem scanning to pdf on Windows 7.     While answer you received said to go through HP Assistant it makes you go through diagnostic tools for scanning - takes multiple steps.    I was told to download the latest drivers, etc which I did several times.  And the most unbelievable thing is that I actually contacted Windows support and chatted online with someone for over a half hour and he couldn't figure it out.   Told me I would have to get some scanning software.  

I have literally spent hours on this issue and checked out scanning software until I finally FOUND the answer - search for Windows Scan and it pops up instantly - it is a free app.    

Installed it in 5 secs and scanned to pdf in 5 seconds.    

I am exhausted with this issue and totally blown away what people have been told to.     Adobe Acrobat DC does not scan to pdf - you can convert to pdf with a document already on your computer.   

Anyway - just wanted to pass it along.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.