cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Yossu
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Officejet Pro X451dw keeps asking me to load plain A4, but that's what is in

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro X451dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet Pro X451dw connected to my Windows 10 PC via wifi. Was working fine for a few years, but recently we got a new router, and we had a lot of problems persuading the printer to connect to the new wifi. We got it working eventually, and it was fine for a while.

However, recently, whenever I have tried to print, the job gets sent to the printer, but then the printer itself asks me to load plain A4 into tray 2. However, tray 2 is already about 3/4 full of plain A4. If I press OK on the printer control panel, the message just comes back.

I have tried running the print and scan doctor. That told me that the printer was out of paper (no it isn't), and said I should load it with letter paper. I'm in the UK, we don't use letter paper here, we use A4, which is what is on the printer, and is what it keeps asking me to load.

I have reinstalled the printer driver, which worked for a few days, but now we're back where we were before.

Don't know if it's relevant, but if I look in the printers control panel in Windows, I see two entries, one named as I would expect, and one named "DO NOT DELETE - Needed for HP Officejet Pro X451dw Printer" I don't remember seeing this before I reinstalled the driver.

Anyone any ideas? I can't print at all. Thanks

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation