Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro X451dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Officejet Pro X451dw connected to my Windows 10 PC via wifi. Was working fine for a few years, but recently we got a new router, and we had a lot of problems persuading the printer to connect to the new wifi. We got it working eventually, and it was fine for a while.

However, recently, whenever I have tried to print, the job gets sent to the printer, but then the printer itself asks me to load plain A4 into tray 2. However, tray 2 is already about 3/4 full of plain A4. If I press OK on the printer control panel, the message just comes back.

I have tried running the print and scan doctor. That told me that the printer was out of paper (no it isn't), and said I should load it with letter paper. I'm in the UK, we don't use letter paper here, we use A4, which is what is on the printer, and is what it keeps asking me to load.

I have reinstalled the printer driver, which worked for a few days, but now we're back where we were before.

Don't know if it's relevant, but if I look in the printers control panel in Windows, I see two entries, one named as I would expect, and one named "DO NOT DELETE - Needed for HP Officejet Pro X451dw Printer" I don't remember seeing this before I reinstalled the driver.

Anyone any ideas? I can't print at all. Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.