Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro X476DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi guys,

Had my X476DW a couple of years and absolutely love it - such a great printer which had been flawless.....until now!

Printing from tray 1 (the side tray) is now blurring the right hand edge of the text as you look at the page and in some cases also cutting off the text.

I mainly use tray 1 for envelopes and cheques. Cheques are not so bad, but envelopes are particularly bad and now got to the point of unusable (I guess due to the thicker paper weight it must be catching something and blurring??).

Has anyone any ideas how to remedy this?

I've searched the forum and online in general - there are a few videos on cleaning printheads etc, which I've done but to no avail. I feel like this is more of an issue with the paper stock rubbing off something and blurring it across the page as the stock is fed through. 

Trays 2 and 3 hold standard 80gm paper and 120gm paper respectively and print perfectly, the issue is contained to Tray 1 only. I constantly use all 3 trays, so switching envelopes/cheques to another tray is not a viable option.

Any help much appreciated!!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

One strange point to mention after a closer look at recent prints - it blurs the edge of the last word on each line - but the words finish at different locations on each line which is even stranger!

So its not a uniform blur down one exact line on the page, but rather a staggered blur affecting the last word on each line of text.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.