Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Give them hell!  If they listen to you and fix it I’ll be eternally grateful to you!  For something they sell for business owners it’s crazy!  Good luck.  I hope to hear good news.

HP Recommended

Terrific. It is clear we all have a serious problem -- and the small business owner in particular, but I am a scholar (albeit retired) and busy writing and editing with many page documents to deal with -- and still the occasional student or author who does NOT number the pages which I only catch later, making for a very messy situation. I hope that HP will respond positively to all of us (and the many I assume who just suck it up) on this problem. It definitely affects how I will look at future printer purchases.

HP Recommended

A_Bientot and DocHollis, well, apparently I don't have the smoothness you 2 seem to have.  I contacted and was given the option to avoid a long wait time and have them call me back while keeping my place in the "queue".  Either it is a VERY long queue or I called the wrong number. It is over 12 hours later and I still have heard nothing back.  I will call a different number now. Keep you posted.

HP Recommended

HP are you out there?????????????????

HP  can anyone hear us???????????????????????????

HP does anyone at HP ?????????????

Has anyone within the community done any research on replacement printers? Suggestions would be appreciated!  If HP isn't using the site to address comments, I guess the site is just a community for us to resolve problems in a manner which may or may not include HP:).

HP Recommended

Sorry I messed up my post...  The third line was meant to say:

HP does anyone care?????????????????????

HP Recommended

Zdebboe,

I have made contact!  I don't think the woman on the line understands my issue though. She keeps asking if I have pulled the extender out and if I am saying that regular paper won't fit in the input tray.  This is when I get frustrated with HP for outsourcing overseas tech support.  She hasn't got enough of a grasp on the English language to get what I am inferring when I use the term "output tray".  

HP Recommended

I am on the line with them right now. Anyone have any words they want me to include since "output tray" doesn't translate?

HP Recommended

Too late, I'm sure, but "paper catcher"?

DocHollis

HP Recommended

HP tech advised me that it is possibly because we ALL don't have our printers on a level surface. She says she went to the model there in her office and printed several pages and had no issues with them falling on the floor OR being bent /curled up at the end.  How is this possible? I still don't think my issue is translating to her.  She just put me on hold in the middle of my talking to her about the tray being too short and it has nothing to do with the surface that the printer itself is on without even telling me she was putting me on hold!  I think she sensed my level of frustration. In all fairness, it isn't her fault.  This is all HP's issue.  Making an inferior printer then outsourcing calls without properly training their techs overseas.  She came back and she finally understood what I was telling her.  She said that she had attempted to print more than 3 pages and they did, in fact, all fall to the floor.   She gave me a case number, like the rest of you, and stated that she would forward the concern up the chain of command.  That means, HP has no intention of fixing the issue.  She did offer to send me a new tray, but made it a point to tell me that the "new tray" would be the same tray as this one and would give the same issue.  

Anyone else have an ideas as to how to get HP to make an extension for this tray?  Are we able to go further up the chain of command ourselves HERE?  I just purchased this, so I am not going to buy another printer to replace it, and sadly, I think HP knows that.  I am a small business owner and can't go out and buy a new printer every 4 months or so because HP can't hire a design team to see the shortfalls of a product and because HP refuses to listen to customer complaints and issue a "fix" for the printers we already have.

HP Recommended

DocHollis,

It wasn't too late.  I used "paper catcher".  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.