Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  I'm a pretty innovative handyman and plan to modify the output tray to accommodate all sizes of paper the printer uses and hold more sheets without spilling out....  This is something HP engineers should have done!  Heck, if HP cared, they could easily produce an adequate output tray for customers to easily replace.  I would purchase it if it was available. 

HP Recommended

Right on!!! That's what we've been trying to tell HP since the beginning of this conversation about a year ago -- HP hasn't really responded, sadly. It's a very simple fix and I know many of us and other users not contributing would purchase a proper output tray should one be available -- modest price of course since it is their lack of thinking. Who really and regularly used paper other than 8.5 x 11 or 8.5 x 14?

HP Recommended

DocHollis,     I think, sadly, HP doesn't even hear about this simply because the calls I have made have been outsourced overseas.  Once I had spoken on the phone with the person overseas and she realized after testing the printer herself (they apparently have every printer at their disposal there to try to recreate what we are complaining about?) and she agreed that more than 2 pages of any major weight of paper would fall to the floor.  She then said the words "unfortunately" and said she would have to relay the message to her supervisor, which, in my mind translates to American "circular file" or "dead zone".  So I hold zero hope of hearing back from HP on this or their making any type of tray available because I don't think they even know we are complaining.  That plus they are already probably ready to release the newer version of this one which is why I bought it at a steal compared to others of similar ability.  🙄

HP Recommended

I have devised a workaround for the short output tray on my HP 9015 printer, (should work on 9025 as well.)

I took a plastic report folder and cut off the cover, trimmed one end to about 19.5 cm for about 6 cm on each side.

I then inserted the plastic cover into the gap just above the fully extended output page extender.

The 6 cm insertion depth allows the new extension to support the outputted pages without them falling to the floor. It should not be necessary to tape or fasten the cover to the printer, it can be easily removed, if necessary.

If HP ever designed and sold a modification to the extender, I am sure that the cost would be tens of dollars. My solution cost me less than two dollars, and all I needed was a pair of scissors to trim the report cover. If you like this work-around, please give me a thumbs up.

.hp-tray-extension-a.jpg        Insert trimed edge into the space above the existing extender. Leave  original extended to help support the report cover.Insert trimed edge into the space above the existing extender. Leave original extended to help support the report cover.

HP Recommended

This is great. Thank you! 

HP Recommended

Un4tun8,

Genius!  I have this printed out for my husband to modify mine.  You should get a kick back from HP for doing their work for them. LOL!

Thanks again!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.