Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OFFICEJET PRO 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I did a factory reset on my printer that was having scanner issues.  After I reset it and reconnected the wifi, web connect and eprint, the printer says, "Cartridge cannot be used until printer is enrolled in HP Instant Ink". Instant ink account shows my printer added but cannot connect to the printer, nor will it take a new printer claim code.  Do I have to put in new cartridges to make it connect?

DIANE WHITE
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Once your printer is connected to the internet with an active connection, sign in to hpinstantink.com/signin. At the top of the Status area on your HP Instant Ink account page, click the refresh icon . Look for a green checkmark and Online to make sure your printer is connected to the HP Instant Ink service.

HP Recommended

The green check mark is there, it say Online, but the printer never syncs with Instant Ink. I get this message, "Unable to connect to the printer. Check your connection and try again later."

DIANE WHITE
HP Recommended

Is printer connected via wireless connection?  If so, I would connect using the network port.  My HP OJ 6952 is connected via network cable.  Have not had a problem.  Plug network cable directly into your router.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.