Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ok, So I walk into my home office and the printer is printing out pages showing requests and commands to the webserver. To me this is suspicious and the printer is not responding to being turned off, and network is acting strangely (sluggish). I pull the ethernet cable out of the printer and then hold the power button to turn it off.  See the attached printouts, not in order, but the the last page was the longest printout.  No one at HP seems to be able to answer what is going and and I have been shifted back and forth between groups without satisfaction.  I would also add that this happened a few days after an HP technician had fixed the webserver connection was lost and I got an instant ink error message that I had to enroll the prnter in instant ink (which it already was). any ideas?    See below: 

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.8:9100
Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,image/a Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.9
Cookie: sid=s7la64bbf-abd67bd0aa7f822e03b98f1a27260105

GET / HTTP/1.1
Hot: 192.168.1.8:9100
User-Agent: curl/7.59.0
Accept: *.*

HEAD / HTTP/1.1
Host: 192.168.1.8:9100
Accept: */*

OPTIONS RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 1

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@ShawnG1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Keep the printer under observation and let me know 🙂

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but this does not solve the problem, or answer my questions. The printer is up to date and at this version of firmware already. 

Why can' t someone from HP explain the commands directed against the printer's webserver? 

Sorry, not satisfied.

HP Recommended

@ShawnG1

This requires remote assistance. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further course of action.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I spent 2+ hours on the phone with support getting switched from group to group without an answer  or solution which is why I came to the forum.  Is it too much to ask for someone to answer my question directly?!  When I called in I got switched between multiple groups who never answered my question or solved my problem. And every time I got switched to another group I had to re-explain everything yet again, provide my documents I scanned of the printouts (at another work scanner)  yet again. Right now HP is not winning any points here and what this tells me is HP either has no idea what the issue is here, or does not want to admit that the printer webserver is not secure from outside hacks. I am not sure I want to invest another two hours of my time on this, and I might just write this printer off and buy a printer/scanner from someone else other than HP. Unless I call in and get elevated to someone in engineering instead of someone asking me to turn my printer off and pull the power plug wait a minute and then turn it back on, its a non-starter for me. Tell me what remote assistance is going to do before I invest any more time?!

HP Recommended

@ShawnG1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So still waiting for a response. Tick Tock Tick Tock  re-asking me about things I've already told you doesn't count, and asking me about "secure wireless" doesn't count as I was always hardwired.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.