Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Pagewide Pro 477
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have a Pagewide Pro 477. When copying, printing or receiving faxes, there is a blank area the length of the page on the right side about 1.5" wide. We did the maintenance and print head cleaning multiple times, but no change. The colors all print the full area. The problem is with the black. We have to reduce everything to 80% when printing, but we don't have that option with incoming faxes. The scanner is scanning the entire page.

I appreciate any help/feedback any of you can offer.

Kind regards,

Steve I

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

As a short-term patch, you can set the device to print composite black in your driver options.  This will not address your 

Your cleaning steps were a good start, but I think you will need to run an Advanced Cleaning.  Please run one more printhead cleaning, then if the issue persists contact HP Support as you will need a scrubber pad to run that cleaning.

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much!!

HP Recommended

Did you get this one solved, i got the same problem with the same model!

HP Recommended

Good morning,

We were not able to resolve the issue. We were on line and on the phone with HP Technicians. They eventually said it "required a service call". I couldnt help but think it was built in to the printer. It was used a lot in the little over a year we had it. We opted top buy a new printer, different model, but stayed with HP.

Steve

HP Recommended

Same issue here, can you provide instructions of how to setup the printer to use composite black please ?

Also what can we do to resolve  this issue, I don't want to buy a new printer.

Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi Steve did u ever get this issue resolved? If so how to fix it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.