Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Smart Tank 571
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Randomly while printing I get the Paper Size Mismatch error. The print job is formatted for paper size that is different from what is loaded in the printer. I have the correct size paper selected. The Paper is inserted correctly. I am using A4, it defaults to LETTERI set it to A4.  This can happen every few pages. I click the OK button and it continues to print fine. Tried from 4 computers all set correctly, tried good quality paper to very expensive photo paper. This is a brand new printer and has happened since the first document I printed after setup.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ShelteredNest 

Set the Tray and Paper Preferences

User Guide

Page 8  Chapter 1 Get started

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

If applicable, check the Advanced section (at the bottom of the Tray and Paper Management menu)

Click Apply to save changes

EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_1EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_1

Also check the Copy Defaults (if you use Copy) and the WebScan settings (if you use Webscan)

EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_3EWS_9025_Copy_Defaults_3EWS_9025_Webscan_1EWS_9025_Webscan_1

What else?

Set the Preferences - Windows

1. Check / enable the printer as the “Default Printer”

Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners

UNCHECK (clear box) Let Windows manage my default printer

Select (Left-Click) your printer from the list of printers > Manage > Set as Default

1. Select and adjust settings in each category for the Media (kind of paper), source (tray), and paper size.

Settings > Devices > Printers and scanners

Left-Click on (your) Printer > Manage > Printing Preferences

Next

Tab Printing Shortcuts > Click / Highlight your preferred shortcut > Click Apply > Click OK to exit

NOTE - Make changes to a Shortcut

• Select a shortcut and adjust the settings for paper, source (tray), other settings
  • If there is a More > section, check / adjust settings in the sub-sections > Click OK to save sub-menu changes
  • If supported, save the edited shortcut or use “Save As” or “Create Custom Shortcut” to save under a new name
  • Click OK to save the setup

9025_Printing_Preferences_Printing_Shortcuts_19025_Printing_Preferences_Printing_Shortcuts_1

References

Full Feature Software

HP Smart Tank Plus 570 Print and Scan Driver and Accessories

HP Smart for Windows

HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer.

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

NOTE:  Website includes the HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues

HP Smart Tasks for Windows and HP Smart Mobile

Where available, Smart Tasks can be configured for several print tasks.

• Print: Send a print job to your printer.
  • Email: Send an email message or attachments.
  • Save to: Save a file to a cloud storage account, such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive.

HP Printers - HP Smart: Use Smart Tasks

==============================================================

Category How to > Select Topic:  Print >

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Smart Tank Plus 571 Wireless All-in-One 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I had set everything to A4 everywhere I could find. I am not sure why it doesn't just print properly like every other printer I have ever had. I did find in properties ANOTHER place that said LETTER and changed that to A4. Trying to test and now it doesn't seem capable of printing a multi page document. It prints one page, then spits out a blank page and says it is CANCELLING. I am sorry I gave HP another chance, this printer is going back and not being replaced by an HP.

HP Recommended

@ShelteredNest 

Understood, though I am sorry it escalated so quickly to this point.

I will forward a request for assistance - brand new printer provides for this.

If an agent answers while you still have the printer, you can ask for whatever help you need, else you may decline or simply ignore the offer.

Request for Review

• I have submitted a request that someone review your question / concern.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales or HP Service.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome:  Our request is not a magic back door into HP Support.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) for a response is not controlled by the Community.
  • If / When there is a response, a Community moderator / agent will (should) post back on this thread before using other methods to contact you. 

Note to those reading:

• Do not contact random numbers posted in a public or private message by “new members”.  Vermin are looking for victims – don’t be next.
  • Please do not post any personal or case information here - we cannot make use of the data. 
  • Posting personal information at a public site increases your risk from rats and scammers.

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. It wasn't really quickly, I only have 7 days to return it or a long drawn out return process will be required.  I have been fighting with this thing for 3 days. I know about settings, hardware etc. I always check and double check before even contacting anyone. If this printer had an option to ignore errors it might have been enough. It prints nice when it does print. I only have to hit OK and it works. Also now and again it says to remove and reinsert the print heads and then there was the times it just said cancelling on its own and didn't finish the print jobs. All this combined is why I need to return it.  I hope for HPs sake that this particular printer is just a lemon. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.