Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C5180
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I have a Photosmart C5180 and its worked fine since we brought it in around 2012, but all of a sudden the printer no longer wants to feed the paper.

It starts to take it and then comes up with a paper jam at the back so i remove the cover and there isn't a jam the paper just isn't being fed through but it will if you help it slightly.

i have restored to factory settings, restarted, cleaned the rollers and used canned air and im now out of solutions.

Has anyone had this issue or can help to resolve it.

Thanks

Kris

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

The paper pickup roller that drops down on a paper in the tray did you clean it? That one is a little harder to access and clean.

Not the gray small ones easy accessible when you remove back cover.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

So remove the back panel then i see 4 x grey rollers - they have been cleaned and the 4 x white rollers on the panel.

then if i look where the paper is i see 2 x black rubber rollers do you mean them?

Thank you for your quick reply!

HP Recommended

In the middle of the printer above paper in the paper tray is main pickup rollers they are responsible for first paper pull if they are worn out or dirty you have no paper pickup and paper jam appears.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have checked them rollers and they ‘seem’ okay, 

I have attached a photo of how far the paper gets the just stops and you can hear it trying to pull it through but it’s not grabbing or pushing it through 

579E62AB-B8DA-40F8-B7F5-4748D1D976A3.jpeg

thank you!

HP Recommended

Is that normal plain paper? If you push it with your hands then it passes trough?

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hello,

yes it’s normal plain paper, yes if I take the back cover off and give it a little help then it takes it

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.