Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Printer F4280
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have been trying to print a booklet from a PDF and it will only print the first page of the range. (it actually contains 2 pages of the booklet on the page). I used exactly the same settings I had always used for this kind of work I have done multiple times. Only this time it is presenting this problem.

I also tried printing one by one using the "multiple pages" setting and it didn't work either. Then I tried some regular printing and it did not print some of the pages either. It is like it selectively decides to print the first page only and no more.

I've already tried uninstalling/re-installing the driver and the problem persists. 

Could you please help?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Anyone?

HP Recommended

@tapiatom

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 
    Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: Click here

If the issue persists, continue with the next step updating printer firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

If the issue still persists, continue with the next step:

• 1. Load paper into the input tray. The paper should be thick enough so that the images do not show through to the other side.
  • 2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.
  • 3. Make sure the product is the selected printer.
  • 4. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
  • 5. Click the Features tab.
  • 6. In the Paper saving options area, select Manual from the Two-sided printing dropdown list.
  • 7. Select the binding edge from the Booklet layout is list, as appropriate for your language.
  • • If your language reads left-to-right, click Left edge binding.
  •  • If your language reads right-to-left, click Right edge binding. The Pages per sheet box is automatically set to two pages per sheet.
  • 8. Click OK, and then click Print or OK in the Print dialog box. The product begins printing. A dialog box displays instructions on the screen when it is time to process the second side of your job. Do not click Continue in the dialog box until you have reloaded the paper as instructed in the following steps.
  • 9. Wait until the product has stopped printing for several seconds before removing any of the printed pages from the output tray. If you remove the pages while the document is still printing, the pages might get out of order.
  • 10. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen for reloading the paper to print on the second side, and then click Continue.
  • 11. When the entire document has finished printing, fold the stack of paper in half, so that the first page is on top, then staple the document along the crease. TIP: For best results, use a saddle stapler, or a heavy-duty stapler with a long reach to staple the booklet

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.