Hello. I have been trying to print a booklet from a PDF and it will only print the first page of the range. (it actually contains 2 pages of the booklet on the page). I used exactly the same settings I had always used for this kind of work I have done multiple times. Only this time it is presenting this problem.
I also tried printing one by one using the "multiple pages" setting and it didn't work either. Then I tried some regular printing and it did not print some of the pages either. It is like it selectively decides to print the first page only and no more.
I've already tried uninstalling/re-installing the driver and the problem persists.
If the issue still persists, continue with the next step:
1. Load paper into the input tray. The paper should be thick enough so that the images do not show through to the other side.
2. On the File menu in your software application, click Print.
3. Make sure the product is the selected printer.
4. Click the button that opens the Properties dialog box. Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.
5. Click the Features tab.
6. In the Paper saving options area, select Manual from the Two-sided printing dropdown list.
7. Select the binding edge from the Booklet layout is list, as appropriate for your language.
• If your language reads left-to-right, click Left edge binding.
• If your language reads right-to-left, click Right edge binding. The Pages per sheet box is automatically set to two pages per sheet.
8. Click OK, and then click Print or OK in the Print dialog box. The product begins printing. A dialog box displays instructions on the screen when it is time to process the second side of your job. Do not click Continue in the dialog box until you have reloaded the paper as instructed in the following steps.
9. Wait until the product has stopped printing for several seconds before removing any of the printed pages from the output tray. If you remove the pages while the document is still printing, the pages might get out of order.
10. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen for reloading the paper to print on the second side, and then click Continue.
11. When the entire document has finished printing, fold the stack of paper in half, so that the first page is on top, then staple the document along the crease. TIP: For best results, use a saddle stapler, or a heavy-duty stapler with a long reach to staple the booklet
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".